Metaheuristic Optimization framewoRK (MORK)
Raúl Martín, researcher of the GRAFO group develops Mork, a framework to develop approaches for NP-Hard problems using the JVM. It is currently under development.
The idea of the project is to provide both high-quality, proven components that can be used as-is, and a development framework for creating new metaheuristic approaches for different types of problems. A non-exhaustive list of its current main benefits are
- Automatic stopping of experiments
- Automatic generation of result reports
- Guaranteed reproducibility, even in high concurrency environments, through the use of the provided RandomManager.
- Can run anywhere (at least, anywhere Java and Docker can run). Easily build Docker containers that can run almost anywhere.
- Automatic benchmarking and optional timing adjustment.
- Nice web interface to visualize solution quality and experiment progress.
- And more!
You can find all the information about the project at https://github.com/rmartinsanta/mork.